Re: [Amps] Meaning of "conduction cooled"

To: "Amps@Contesting. Com" <amps@contesting.com>,"Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Meaning of "conduction cooled"
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 10:49:16 -0500
The term conduction cooled refers to a series of metal ceramic tubes that
were cooled by contact with a metal heat sink though a BeO ceramic block in
a manner analogous to the way solid state devices are cooled on a heat sink.

Radiation cooling is used ham amplifiers.  Many a pair 4-400A's were/are
radiation cooled.

73
David
KC2JD