Re: [Amps] Meaning of "conduction cooled"

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Meaning of "conduction cooled"
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:22:00 -0500
Bill,

One thing about conduction cooled tubes to me is that there is a hot spot at
180 degrees from where it mounts to the heatsink. A convection cooled tube with
heat fins has cool air passing over these fins 360 degrees around the
circumferance. I'm not sure if any tests have been done, but this may lead to
the conduction tube failing before the convection one, I don't know.

Best,

Will