Re: [Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback

To: <wc6w@juno.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback
From: "Tom Cathey" <K1JJ@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:46:03 -0500
I called some ham friends looking for 4CX-350's drivers for the tetrode
linear project.

One of the guys has some 8560A's, with sockets, heatsinks, etc. that I can
swap some stuff for.  These are the conduction cooled version of the 4CX-250
with 6.3VAC filaments.

I found the data sheets for it, but nothing is mentioned about the IMD
figures.

Does anyone know what the IMD figures are for 8560A's or how this tube
compares against the standard 4CX-350 for IMD?  These tubes were once
popular in commercial quarter kilowatt FM rigs.

Thanks.
73,
Tom, K1JJ