Re: [Amps] Amp for sale on eBay

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp for sale on eBay
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:23:14 -0500
Cliff,

There were two companies making one sweep tube which was Svetlana, and EI a
Yugoslavian factory. That tube was the 6KG6A or EL-519. There's is one Chinese
company that told me they could make 6LF6's again, but you had to order a few
thousand at an order. I seriously thought about the 6LF6 because it could
replace several 12 pin tubes. If someone had them made, they would sell like
hotcakes to repair these old boat anchors with, both HAM and CB. The 6KG6A is a
weaker tube than the 6LF6 which was the same as an 8950 with a 6 volt heater.
The 8950 had a 12 volt heater. The 6JS6C can be replaced with the 6LF6 also so
the Yaseu guys could repair them old transceivers.

Best,

Will