Re: [Amps] Thanks for helping with wayward Henry amp Problem

To: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Thanks for helping with wayward Henry amp Problem
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:44:01 -0800
Their resonant-choke HV-PSs were excellent, their VHF
parasitic-suppressors were marginal at producing VHF stability --
especially with new tubes, putting the glitch-R in the HV negative was
bad engineering practice, the blowers were lousy, the tube's glass
envelope temp. was so damned hot that it incinerated the Eimac marking
ink
    In the days before Henry Radio started adding 160m to their line, a
friend asked a Henry Radio engineer at a Ham convention why their
amplifiers did not include 160 - who replied that it was because the
3-500Z rapidly looses efficiency below 3MHz.