[Amps] Sencore

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Sencore
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:41:21 -0500
All,

I have a quick question about why does Sencore LCR meters sell for the high
price they do compared to a HP, ESI, or GenRad meter? To me, a Sencore is a toy
compared to those, but people I've seen on ebay spend way more for one of the
Sencores. Is it they're not educated in what real precision equipment used in
large labs is, or does Sencore blow a bunch of smoke up say like TV techs butts
with ads saying they're the top of the line when they aren't? I have a few
pieces of Sencore stuff here, and internally they don't come close to the
construction and precision of the ones I mentioned. Whats up with all those
folks spending big bucks for a piece of equipment like that?

Just wondering,

Will