Re: [Amps] QSK or not

To: "Ron Spencer" <ronspencer@nc.rr.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QSK or not
From: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:37:13 -0500
Hi Ron,

Whilst I agree that QSK really CAN be advantageous in a pile-up situation, I
personally find it to be EXTREMELY distracting, to the point of being an
annoyance...

When I monitor my signal, I like to do just that, i.e. monitor my
sending/keying/spacing/etc.

Judging by the many errors I hear being sent lately on the air --- numbers
in call signs missing dots, dashes shy on a character, etc. etc. --- it
seems obvious to me that I'm not the only victim of the distractions QSK
brings with it...I think to-day's operators are far sloppier in their
sending than those of, say, 25 years ago, when QSK may NOT have been as
prevalent as it is to-day...

Just my $0.02...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ