Re: [Amps] QSK

Subject: Re: [Amps] QSK
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:50:38 -0500
Joe Isabella wrote:

>Wow...
>

>  And while we're so far off with this tangent, I heard something akin to what
> I described actually on the air -- for an *SSB CONTEST*!!  It was the
> silliest thing I ever heard.

Using a PC to send DVK files or cw files is a TOOL that helps the
operator. It does not replace the unit between the ears that makes
decisions as to band, who to work, how to work the contest.  QSK is a
TOOL that helps us be more efficient, for some of us anyway.

When the PC digs the signal out of the noise, decides which band I
should be on, which way to point the antenna etc I will be among the
first to find another hobby. Until then I will use whatever TOOL  I can
to help me enjoy my hobby. 73 bob de w9ge