Re: [Amps] Need some 220K 2 watt carbon resistors

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Need some 220K 2 watt carbon resistors
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 07:08:48 +0100
Gary Schafer wrote:

>If you are using them for cap equalizers in a power supply I would use
>metal film resistors instead. The carbon resistors drastically change
>value.

Strongly agree!

Solid carbon (or carbon composition) resistors were the best available
in Days of Old, but it would be a mistake to use them as replacements
today. For cap equalizers and other applications where the resistor
might get warm, definitely use metal film.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek