[Amps] 2K Classic X roller problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 2K Classic X roller problem
From: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:11:05 -0500
Update:
I do not know if it will hold or not, but I carefully silver soldered the
broken off tab back on to each strip.  Filed this smooth and have re-assembled
the parts back into the roller assembly.
So far it seems to be working.
I will post results after further progressive testing with incremental power
increases and or longer transmission times.
Mechanically, a couple of revolutions of the entire roller travel looked fine
with no binding or strain on the soldered joints.
Time will tell.  I am still investigating sources for the spring material.
Rich Measures, you might be interested to know I used your silver solder and
flux included in the parasitic kit you sent some time ago.
Thanks to all who replied and any further info that might be posted.
Gene Bigham  KB0GU