[Amps] working backwards to setup tank

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] working backwards to setup tank
From: "Partain, Chuck" <Chuck_Partain@maxtor.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:21:25 -0400
in ref to my gu-84b based hf amp

I set this tank circuit up and tuned at 7.250mhz, came up with a beautiful
output
then tried to do the reverse check. I put a 2k resistor from the plate to
ground, hooked
the MFJ analizer up using the settings previously obtained and for th e life of
me cannot find
a good resistive value to make the swr analizer 1:1 swr or close. I used a 15k
pot and even went SLOWLY
one end to the other and best I see is 3 to one!!! what am I doing wrong?? I
used a 2k load to get CLOSE
to where I want to set the plate and load caps and the inductance was setup
using a formula with 2100 ohms
plate reactance. Once running, I went to 500 watts and am using those settings.

sorry if I am not clear but maybe someone understands my drivel :)

ka1mwp