Re: [Amps] working backwards to setup tank

To: garyschafer@comcast.net,'Partain Chuck' <Chuck_Partain@maxtor.com>,'Phil Clements' <philc@texascellnet.com>,'PA3DUV' <pa3duv@planet.nl>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] working backwards to setup tank
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:26:02 +0200 (CEST)
For L and C measurement, I recommend the LC meter from AADE
http://www.aade.com/   $99.95 as a kit, $129.95 built. I got an earlier version
as a kit some years back, and am very pleased with it. I did make a
modification which I suggested to AADE and they have, I see incorporated it in
the new model - using a low drop out 5v regulator IC rather than the standard
'3 volts across it' variety, so you can run the battery down further,
especially useful if you run it on a rechargeable.

The accuracy seems pretty good when checked against my Sullivan Grifiths
'Standard Air Capacitor' and my Sullivan Griffiths standard inductors.
73
Peter G3RZP