Re: [Amps] tank coil heating

To: Chuck_Partain@maxtor.com, dezrat@copper.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] tank coil heating
From: "S. J. Blackwell" <w5lu@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 09:55:31 -0500
The current carrying capacity does not correlate well with voltage or
capacity in question. It would also be wise to parallel several caps rather
than having one cap carry all current. You might be surprised at the current
carrying ability of say a 200pF cap and a 50pF cap (both RF rated) at a
given freq. Most of the time they are remarkably similar, or may actually be
the reverse of what you might expect.
73,
Sam, W5LU