Re: [Amps] tank coil heating

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] tank coil heating
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 18:15:20 +0200
Hi Chuck,

I visited your website today and had a look on you project.

So far a nice job as your first amp!

Connect the padder cap to the 80m switch position only, then it will be in
circuit when you switch to 80m, leaving it unconnected on other bands.

I also suggested in the past to move the band switch closer to the tube.

Use a separate copper tube coil for the high bands only near the band switch
and the air dux only for the low bands, the latter may be further away from
the switch and you might omit the coil on the toroid then completely.

The windings on the toroid should be more spaced, they are not allowed to
touch each other and you need more space at the start and end of the
winding.

Do all interconnections the coils, the capacitors and tube with copper
strap, no braid or wire.

Do all soldering with solder wire containing 4-5% of silver or use nuts and
bolts.

73

Peter, DF3KV