Re: [Amps] Henry 8K

To: "'Vic K2VCO'" <vic@rakefet.com>, "'R L Measures'" <r@somis.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 8K
From: "Harold Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:17:56 -0400
Dear Mr. Bill Gates,

Our Amplifier Reflector net is having a debate where antenna arrays
are pitched against signal power as generated by Power Amplifiers.

Additional to this are the factions that say a ten element yagi cut for
1.9MHz. at
roughly 400 feet up a tower might outperform a phased-array of fullwave
towers
in a "four-square" configuration.

In order to retire this discussion I wonder if you would please extend me
some expense
funds to erect and equip such facilities?

The yagi array will need approximately a $260,000.00 budget. We will need to
erect a tower that rotates, so a good piece of flat land is called for.
While we're on
the land issue, we might as well purchase enough for the other four towers.
These
will not need to rotate, but will need to be insulated. We can figure on
about a fifty
acre spread.

The budget for the four towers, each 500 feet in height, will be an
additional $400,000.00.

We will need to build a small house for the equipment to run these antennae.
With proper
electricity and HVAC the budget for this structure should be roughly
$300,000.00.

In addition, we will need to equip the building with transmitting, receiving
and test
equipment. The auxiliary wiring and fixtures will be included in this line
item amount
for $100,000.00.

In order to connect to the tower arrays we will need underground concrete
conduits and
a suitable buried ground ring around each tower. This line item will be
easily funded with
another $200,000.00 entry.

Please send your advance check for $1,260,000.00 to the above return address
so we can
get started with construction soon. I'm sure we can get some objective
results.

Sincerely,

Hal Mandel
W4HBM