[Amps] who needs it? Henry 8K

To: "Brass Pounder" <wf3j@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] who needs it? Henry 8K
From: "Fern Rivard" <crc@cyberlink.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 19:41:15 -0600
    God, I wish that you guys would grow up and accept the fact that
there are rules as to how much power we are allowed to run on the
different bands.  Those rules are for everybody, not just for the other
guys. If you can't go by the rules, then just get out of the hobby and
find something else to do. The Henry 8K, was never designed to be sold
to anyone to be used in the amateur bands but rather was meant  for
commercial use. I have a Henry 3K Classic II which I use on very rare
occasion as I find that use of possible 200 watts output on my FT-1000D
will pretty well do the job to work what I hear.  A great idea would be
to eliminate the use of any high power hf amplifiers worldwide and this
would make operating a lot better for everybody worldwide and would
promote better operating practices and also the use of higher gain
antennas to advantage.
    A good comparison would be for someone saying that they must drive
their porch car at a 100 mph in a school zone. I think that this
conversation has really over run it's course and should be squashed. If
anyone in the northwest is interested in a very nice Henry 3K Classic
Mark II which uses the famous Eimac 3CX1200A7 tube can contact me as I
find that I do not need it.

    73 from Fern