Re: [Amps] RE : who needs it? Henry 8K

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE : who needs it? Henry 8K
From: "Larry Carman" <lncarman@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 12:38:28 -0500
It took many adventurers and some broken rules to achieve the status this
nation enjoys today. Without those risk takers, who knows where we'd be. If
my neighbor wants to make serious suds, let it be, AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T
HURT ANYONE. Gives me the initiative to improve my antenna farm just to
prove I can outdo his suds with a new antenna design. By the way, I have an
amp with a tube that has handles. It's parked in the corner of the garage.
The fun of it was in the design and the building of the amp and not the
running of excessive power. Someone told me that if I had the capability to
exceed legal limit that I was already doing it and would continue to exceed
that limit. HOGWASH! I just like warming the dummy load up with the big suds
once in a while. If for any reason those suds are need in an emergency, I've
got um'.

As far as contesters go, I don't approve of cheating in any way form or
fashion. I'm of the opinion that not all contesters are on the up and up and
have heard stories supporting my claim.
Regards,
Larry N5BIP