Re: [Amps] LK500 various

To: w4tv@subich.com, amps080605@w4zt.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK500 various
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 15:39:15 EDT
In a message dated 5/30/2006 2:58:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
w4tv@subich.com writes:

>  Encouraging anyone to make modifications to their house wiring
> that  will likely violate their local code and inspection
> requirements  still doesn't mean the principle of operation
> isn't valid or that it  can't be understood and applied in a
> carefully controlled set of  circumstances. That is exactly
> what Rich is saying.

However,  encouraging one to make modifications to the wiring
in his home (owned or  rented) that violates code and safety
regulations is well outside the  purpose of this group.  Nobody
in their right mind would recommend  building an amplifier with
exposed high voltage ... nobody should ever  advocate converting
the neutral wire in home wiring to a line and/or tying  neutral
and ground together at any point other than the entrance panel.
I AGREE 99.99% HOWEVER IF THERE HAPPENS TO BE A 120V DEICATED LINE TO AN
OUTLET, IT CAN BE CONVERTED TO 220V,  JUST MARK THE WHITE WIRE WITH A PIECE  OF
BLACK TAPE AND IT IS LEGAL AS FAR AS CODE GOES.

Modifying the electrical wiring in a home to violate code could
conceivably void all homeowners insurance and be very costly
but even  worse tying the safety ground and neutral together
could cost someone's  life in the event of a failure.  Is saving
a few $$ or making a few  more watts worth the risk?

73,

... Joe, W4TV

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MODIFIING ELECTRICAL WIRING AS LONG AS IT IS
DONE RIGHT AND TO CODE.

BE IT KNOW THAT A 220V LINE WITH A NEUTRAL (that is to say 2 hots a neutral
and a bond) IS REALLY NOT A 220V LINE IT IS CORRECTLY TERMED AS A 240/120V
LINE NOT SIMPLY A 220V LINE THERE IS A  DIFFERENCE!!