Re: [Amps] LK500 various

To: k7fm <k7fm@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK500 various
From: Jeff Strailey <liveccam@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 17:16:04 -0700 (PDT)
Colin,

  Tnx...I pulled the step start relay off the back panel and finally got a good
look at things.  The 120VAC relay was connected to one side of the AC line and
ground to provide 120 for the relay in 240 volt mode.  Making this work just
took connecting the grounded side of the relay coil to the other 120 volt leg
on the input.  Voila amplifer with working step start.  Thanks again for you
help last night and again today.

  73,

  Jeff K6TLA

k7fm <k7fm@teleport.com> wrote:
  Hi Jeff:

The SB-220 works fine on 120 volts. You might lose 100 watts in full
output - but I run less than the max on that anyway. The Collins 30L-1 runs
on 120 volts and no one complains about it.

No one will know the difference.

73, Colin K7FM