Re: [Amps] Series PC Power Supplies

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Series PC Power Supplies
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:57:33 -0700 (PDT)
Two things...

1. You can get a brand new 25A switching supply for $80-90 if you look around.
I bought my Samlex 25A for $80.

2. How did you series the supplies you have?  The "first" one will provide your
"ground" connection.  Take the red wires from that and connect them to the
black wires of the "second" supply.  Now take the red wires from that one, and
connect them to the black wires of the "third" supply, which will provide the
positive (15 VDC from the black wires of the "first" supply to the red wires of
the "third" supply, in this case) to your rig.  Make sure you tied the orange
wires to each supply's red wires so they all see "power good" line properly.
Make sure you have isolated the black leads from chassis ground on the second &
third supplies as as the article says since they need to be floating
(otherwise, the 5V from the first & second supplies will be going straight to
ground).  If you didn't isolate them, you'll only see the 5V from the "third"
supply...

Joe, N3JI