Re: [Amps] R. MEASURES PRAYERS ANSWERED

Subject: Re: [Amps] R. MEASURES PRAYERS ANSWERED
From: "W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:13:22 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Gudguyham@aol.com [mailto:Gudguyham@aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 11:03 AM
To: w7ry@centurytel.net
Cc: amps@contesting.com

In a message dated 6/3/2006 1:58:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
w7ry@centurytel.net writes:
YES THIS COULD BE A PROBLEM, BUT THAT DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR THE 10 METER
AND 15 METER CONTACTS BEING BLOWN AWAY.

Do you mean that 10 and 15 meters is the ONLY band you have seen them
damaged?
Illogical statement.

WHY?  Why not the 80-40-20 contacts?

The very late SB-220s and HL-2200s had longer tune caps. Or Heathkit
made them available on a replacement basis. I have seen several SB-220s
with them.
OF THE DOZENS I HAVE SEEN INCLUDING HL-2200'S THIS WAS NOT THE CASE
ALTHOUGH I NEVER TOOK MEASUREMENTS MY FEELING IS THEY WERE ALL THE SAME.

I don't "feel" the same way

I WILL TAKE MEASUREMENTS NEXT TIME, HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE IS THERE?

As I remember, the larger caps were about ¾? longer.