Re: [Amps] Moderation

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Moderation
From: R L Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 06:02:02 -0700
On Jun 4, 2006, at 2:21 AM, Bill Turner wrote:

> And a good place to go would be the rfamplifiers groupo on Yahoo.
> Moderation there is very, well... moderate.

I got a solicitation to join a Yahoo discussion group on RF
amplifiers, but when I learned that they had a moderator, I chose not
to.
   In my experiences, there are few moderators who do not eventually
succumb to lust for dominion.  Paul Hellenberg (?) was a past
moderator on AMPS who didn't.
  Historian John E. E. Acton was apparently right about the effect of
power on those who possess it.  In all of recorded history, I know of
only two dudes who were not eventually seduced by power:  Roman
General Cincinatus and u. S. Army General George Washington.

On Usenet, moderated Newsgroups are about as dry as last Saturday's
burned toast.  Unmoderated Newsgroups have the disadvantage of
sometimes getting wild and wooly, but they are never snoresville for
more than a few hours, and one does not have to worry about offending
the moderator's drinkin' buds.

> 73, Bill W6WRT

R L MEASURES, AG6K. 805-386-3734
r@somis.org