Re: [Amps] FW: Transformers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: Transformers
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 03:28:00 +0200
PEP power IS the peak power measured as the crest of the envelope during one
cycle, so your 400Vs measures the highest power available which IS the peak
power.

It can only become less over more cycles while the power supply is soaked.

73

Peter

  _____

From: Gudguyham@aol.com [mailto:Gudguyham@aol.com]

The crest of the envelope in that example is 400V.
Since 400V peak equal 282V effective, PEP power is 1600W not 3200W.

 The measurement was made with a scope and the highest peak was singled out
and at that point the peak power was 3200 W, but looking at the complete
wave including the low spots the PEP would be 1600 per definition.  Now I
guess we have to ask Rich what he is driving at. To qualify my answer I
would say that the peak power was 3200 W but the PEP power over the
completed wave was 1600. W