Re: [Amps] Question on an amp.

To: wlfuqu00@uky.edu, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Question on an amp.
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 11:51:11 -0400
Bill,

That's the way I figured it. The one with all the tubes can be designed and
built,
but the other is much easier to design and build. There's another way on this
where the three drivers are ran grid driven, and the eight finals are G-G. I
would
think though that designing one with a couple of 3-500Z's, etc would be much
easier to design and build, even if its band is 160 to 10 meters. The one in
question
really wasn't per say G-G (all grids tied directly to ground). The eight finals
have
bias on the control grids, and some screen voltage applied but are cathode
driven.
The drivers and pre-driver were similar. That makes for a complicated design. In
other words, to do it you better have all your ducks in a row, and know what
your
doing or you'll end up with a mess that don't work.

Best,

Will