Re: [Amps] Ameritron Amps

To: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron Amps
From: R L Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 03:08:03 -0700
On Aug 1, 2006, at 8:19 AM, Steve Thompson wrote:

> R L Measures wrote:

>>> Sounds very complicated.
>>

>> Push-push is like a pogo-stick.  Push-pull is like a see-saw.  It's
>> elementary, Steve. cheerz

> The topology is straightforward enough, not so the idea that one
> topology won't give high dissipation, the other won't give high
> voltage.

With push-pull VHF oscillation in a paralleled 2-tube HF/MF
amplifier, even though VHF energy can not escape through the low-pass
tank, the tubes conduct alternately, so the energy from one tube
alternately heats the other tube during each half cycle. However,
with push-push VHF oscillation, both tubes conduct at the same time,
the low-pass tank blocks the energy's escape, and there can be
fireworks.

> Steve

R L MEASURES, AG6K. 805-386-3734
r@somis.org