Re: [Amps] Grid vs cathode driven

To: <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grid vs cathode driven
From: "Hsu" <Jbenson@sohu.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 06:42:36 +0800
Peter,
  I don't think so, the output impendence should so high,if I the voltage of
plate=3kv, current=0.8A, the output inpendence should be 1500ohm.I just finshed
the 8xGU-50's amplifier, it used a transformer(without ferrite ) like this
,anode volt=1kv,current=1.3A.
it works great now.
   73! Hsu

I would be very dubious about the practicality of ma(full load), king the
transformer. You're looking for a wideband transformer from about 13k ohm or so
down to whatever, and that means a lot of primary inductance, and thus capacity
(because of the number of turns) You also need a lot of ferrite to avoid
saturation. With a low impedance arrangement ( say a lot of sweep tubes) it
becoems more practial because the impedance is lower.
73
Peter G3RZP