Re: [Amps] GS-35B on 6M

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS-35B on 6M
From: Tony King - W4ZT <amps071806@w4zt.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 02:06:41 -0400
Arne is correct about the anode cooler being large. It is close to 100
mm (about 4") at the largest point near the bottom of the cooler. The
majority of the cooler is above that point and is made up of the ends of
each copper fin that is bent at a right angle forming what appears to be
a flat surface around the outside of the cooler. Actually, this part of
the cooler is very soft and is easily damaged. Take care if you decide
to clamp around the fin area. I wouldn't recommend using a hose clamp
because of the amount of pressure generated by them.

If you lay out the amp so the tube is horizontal with the top of the
tube facing the tank, connection to the threaded nut on top of the anode
is a practical method.  Otherwise, if the tube is mounted vertical and
the tank circuit extends off to the side of the tube, it is better to
use a thin brass or copper clamp around the cooler in the solid area
just below the fins. This makes for shorter connections to the plate
choke and the rest of the tank.

73, Tony W4ZT