Re: [Amps] crying abt spam

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] crying abt spam
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 18:14:19 -0500
If you do not get tons of spam perhaps you need to publish a document on how
you do it.  You may have a best seller!

To properly control spam there are many options available.  More than 90
percent of spam that comes my way is handled by two pieces of software: 1.
spam blocker software at the ISP; 2. spam "catcher" software on my PC.

To eliminate spam is another matter altogether.  One method that has been
proposed and rejected is placing a small fee on each and every piece of
email that is delivered.  The person billed is the one that sent the email.
Since spammers send huge volumes of email, they would quickly go broke.
However, this plan obviously got a big revolt from persons who don't want to
have free delivery.

Thus, my hypothesis to all this is deal with it.  In your case that
apparently means ragging on lists that provide free service.  To each his
own.

73, Keith NM5G