Re: [Amps] Spam from Members of this List ...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Spam from Members of this List ...
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 23:58:06 -0500

> I get these same multiple e-mails (posts) all the time, one from the list,
> one from
> the sender. Some discussed this a while back, but was not over the same
> subject.
> I think it was over some being in HTML and some plain text. I don't ever
> complain,
> there's a delete key, and they never bother me in the least.

One of my pet peeves is getting a post that is full of prior comments with
attribution marks, but with no new comments from the last sender. It's just
an edited recap of what several guys said in earlier posts to a thread.

IMO, we can all make life more pleasant for our fellow members of this
reflector by:

1. checking the "to" box before hitting "send" to see that your post is only
going to "amps" or a single individual.
2. Additional recipients addresses should go in the "Bcc" box, not in the
"Cc" box so that nobody sees the addresses. Spammers will get nada from the
Bcc box to peddle to their customers.
3. Carefully editing out all text that does not pertain to your comments so
that additional posts to a thread don't get longer and longer; sometimes
many lines repeating the same thing over and over.
4. Making sure the attribution mark feature is turned on so that previous
posts have the marks, and your new comments do not.

I hereby pledge to follow the above as much a possible; care to join me?

(I know the administrator has said to QRT on this thread, so I will not say
anything further on this subject. I appreciate you, and respect your
wishes.)

(((73)))
Phil Clements, K5PC