[Amps] panasonic inverter TSPA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] panasonic inverter TSPA
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:24:23 -0600
VK3HZ posted some very interesting info in his report on the
'teardown' of a Panasonic inverter power supply. Cooking magnetrons
don't like constant voltage power supplies, or regulated voltage, and
some industrial systems use Current regulation. 100 or 120 Hz ripple
doesn't mind, as a matter of fact, it is somewhat desirable as it
causes some frequency and mode variation, so i was told.

Beside the fact that testing anything on the primary side of the
output transformer means working with a hot chassis, it looks to be a
really inexpensive way to make HV for the ovens. That translates to
lower cost and less weight, lower cost shipping, etc.

73
John
K5PRO