Re: [Amps] Parasitics & Filament Sag

To: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Parasitics & Filament Sag
From: R L Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 04:57:58 -0700
On Sep 1, 2006, at 11:46 PM, Steve Thompson wrote:

> R L Measures wrote:

>>> If/when I ever look again, I'll try that.
>>>
>>> and disconnecting  the

>>> I didn't have anything connected to the input for any of the tests.
>>

>> And you were able to see the HF fundamental signal at the anodes.
>
> I saw brief glimpses of a signal somewhere close to the tuned
> frequency
> (7MHz), which I assume was ringing in the whole tank circuit.

Steve --- There are two resonant circuits in the output circuitry,
one HF and one VHF. The HF (near)*-resonant part has a broad, shallow
dip.  The VHF part has a sharp, deep dip that can suck a dipmeter out
of osc. when coupled too close.
  Does make sense that the HF one rings and the VHF one does not ring?

- note - In the (1996) case I cited, the coupling method was a probe
near the anodes.  Nothing was directly connected to the anodes.  cheerz

*  near-resonant because a Pi-network is actually two L-networks in
series, and because L-networks are resonant only when they are doing
Infinite Z-transformations, I refer to them as near-resonant or semi-
resonant circuits.

CHEERZ

> Steve

R L MEASURES, AG6K. 805-386-3734