Re: [Amps] NOS 4CX1000A test and reconditioning

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] NOS 4CX1000A test and reconditioning
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 21:50:59 -0500
Well now what?  I built this big test rack last night and have 2  3-500's, 6
8877/YU-158's, 3 3CX3000A7's, 2 YC-156's an 8938 heated up.

The 14 12AX7's look pretty cool - fans running everywhere

All my amps are running at idle - Man I had to unplug my Hot Tub.

SO we aren't going to do that now?

Actually some of that info is good, especially running the filament over
night before applying HV and going for the smoke test.

My Henry 432 cavity with the 8938 was new just out of the crate but had been
in storage for almost 15 years without being run.  I ran it up over night,
then hooked up the B+ let it idle for several hours to get used to having
juice on it...  Then brought it up to a couple hundred watts...  Let it
cool..  Brought it up to 1000 and cool (filli running the whole time)
finally 1500 and then 2000 I got scared at that point, figured my brain
might cook.  BOB DD