Re: [Amps] Step Start on a 3KA Amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Step Start on a 3KA Amp
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:09:15 -0400
Larry,

The more components in a circuit, the odds of a failure grow expotentially.
Keep it as simple as possible is the way I was taught, and I think in these
days, we all sometimes over do what really needs to be done. It's the same as
the "build a better mouse trap" scenario. It's like do I use a simple zener
diode regulator circuit which has two components counting the resistor, or do I
use a voltage regulator IC circuit with many more parts in it? Especially when
the simple zener would do the same job just as good. I think that's getting to
be the case in some step start circuits too, when a simple diode, resistor, and
capacitor will control the time of a relay coil as good as using some
complicated circuit using an IC timer, etc.

Best,

Will