Re: [Amps] Bad tubes from Ebay

To: "'AMPS'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bad tubes from Ebay
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:31:12 +0200
Hi Larry,

The seller who sold you the GU74 is a very bad example.
I also had problems with him.
Good experience is with "qro-stuff" and "alex550-2".
>From both I bought many items, mainly GS-35b tubes, vacuum variables and
vacuum switches, all items new in their original boxes.
I was always very happy with that stuff.

Personnaly I have no experience with GU74 tubes from those sources.
Friends mention that you need at least ten tubes to sort out a pair with
identical characteristics, they vary extremely.

73
Peter