Re: [Amps] Bad tubes from Ebay

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>, "Larry" <larry@w7iuv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bad tubes from Ebay
From: "RICHARD GEORGE" <k6kwq@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:14:52 -0700
I have bought over 50 tubes from Ebay sellers, overseas, over the last 3 years.
Mostly GS 35 some GS31, GI7b, and a few 4cx800 all Russian surplus. I never had
the problems you are experencing. I find that shipping never took longer then 7
or 10 days. I also find most all dealers were honest and sold top notch tubes.
I have purchased from the same people you have. If you tested as described, I
could not see a reason for failure from the test you performed. Maybe your
local post office is using them for shot put practice before you get them. I
was shocked one day when I had a chance to visit my local post office and to
see how they threw packages over 50 foot in there sorting process.