Re: [Amps] New FCC Amplifier Rule

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New FCC Amplifier Rule
From: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 07:55:57 -0500
...Regarding the 10-meter FCC rule on commercial linear amplifiers...

Hi Pete,

What a mis-guided, self-deluded rule your FCC perpetuates in the matter of
10-meters & linear amplifiers!

Why don't they simply take a page out of your federal gun ownership laws, &
simply mandate that the retailer(s) must first see proof of the would-be
buyer's Ham licence, before allowing the linear to change hands...& let it
go at that...? As I see it, this would be no different than how new gun
sales are handled in the U.S. to-day...correct?

Of course, once the thing hits the used/surplus market after a few years,
it'd be fair game --- but by then the rig could have endured all kinds of
changes/modifications anyway, so as to free the manufacturer of any
liability anyway...

Just my two coppers worth, speaking as I am from that place north of the
49th parallel, Hi Hi!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ