Re: [Amps] Class C amp for RTTY contesting...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Class C amp for RTTY contesting...
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 21:59:13 +0100
Hi Bob,

That will only work if you do FSK.
None of the mentioned amps is really suitable for class C operation.
You probably will have not enough drive in GG class C and the output and
input circuits plus bias have to be redesigned.
If you have more then 100W of drive its worth to think about it.
What you should use is a tetrode or pentode, a 4CX1500A or 5CX1500A would be
a good choice.
Efficiency of 78% is to be expected.

73
Peter