Re: [Amps] History of AMPS

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] History of AMPS
From: Chris Howard <chris@yipyap.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:37:16 -0700
I'm the guy who was asking questions earlier this summer about
grid fuses and what the controversy was all about.

I thought it was a very interesting conversation.  I learned a lot.

One of the ways I learn is by getting experts to talk about
the boundries of what is known and what is unknown.  Get two
experts in a room and get them to argue about whether String Theory
is true (or whatever the controversy is in their field).
It makes for a quick education.

But it's kind of a dangerous way to go, because it inflames old
rivalrys;  There is the possibility that it will turn personal.
And there's always the silent majority who have heard
the arguments before and just want the experts to find a way
to get along.

So, sorry if I messed things up.  I did learn a lot from the
conversation.

Chris
w0ep