Re: [Amps] History of AMPS

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] History of AMPS
From: "Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:21:24 -0600
Tom said:

<snip>

People tend to migrate towards what they are comfortable
with.

Some people like technical discussions, some people are not
comfortable with the technical aspects of our hobby and
enjoy the emotional or fighting side.

The obvious contrast between this reflector and the Yahoo
group gives people a clear choice.

73 Tom

<snip>

You are correct Tom that "People tend to migrate towards what they are
comfortable with."

However I "migrated" AWAY from that which I was uncomfortable.  The technical
level of the discussions did not bother me, but others reaction to the posters
was the main element that made me leave the Yahoo Reflector.  I have never been
one or do I understand one who argues for arguments' sake.  I did not see the
technical relavance of one poster calling another names with expletives because
he could not find a source for fuses.

I am very glad there are two Amp Reflectors.

Clint - W5CPT