Re: [Amps] Class A for AM

To: "'Tom W8JI'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>,"'Gary Schafer'" <garyschafer@comcast.net>,"'KA5MIR'" <ars.ka5mir@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Class A for AM
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:16:26 -0600
Hey Tom, isn't that why they went to PUSH PULL finals with a link coupled
output?  Still simulates class A with a pair of class B finals...

I think a couple nice 4-1000's glowing in the rack should just about do it.

Modulate it anyway you'd like.  Sometimes just sometimes the old way is the
best way.

I wonder if I could still build a link coupled final?  The last time I did
one was my second novice transmitter a little 6DQ6 25 watter.

4-1000's? Whoops the only things I have pairs of here are:  3-500's 8877's
3CX3000's and YC-156's drat fresh outta 4-1000's..  Oh and you guys had me
all excited there for a minute.

BOB DD