Re: [Amps] Class A for AM

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Class A for AM
From: KA5MIR <ars.ka5mir@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:34:00 -0600
Hello Gary,
  Isn't that 50% difference only true because we cause it to be tuned that
way?  We could tune it to be more or less different between carrier and pep
but we cause it to be 50% for the sake of AM linearity.

  If we didn't cause the 50% difference in class A or any case, wouldn't that
mean the AM signal was not amplified linearly?  Not that it would
necessarily be a bad signal.  In fact, we can affect modulation percentage
through the amplifier if other limitations are observed.

  This class A RF thinking is different.

Jeff/KA5MIR