Re: [Amps] Class A for AM

To: "'KA5MIR'" <ars.ka5mir@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Class A for AM
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:34:00 -0600
Except in class A the input power never changes. If it is set up for 6000
watts input in order to provide 1500 watts output @25% efficiency then the
input power will always be a constant 6000 watts with or without modulation
or carrier.

When it is putting out 375 watts carrier the input power will still be 6000
watts.

So the dissipation would be 6000 watts minus power out for any given output
power.

73
Gary  K4FMX