Re: [Amps] (Amps) This Reflector.

To: <amps@contesting.com>, <jmltinc@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] (Amps) This Reflector.
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:09:57 -0400
> And, Carl's post is correct. Voices are silent.
> Particularly in regard to questions posted by those who
> voiced their opinion on the last go around. It seems to
> me, if this group is to be productive, any hard feelings
> and politics must be put aside. If you know the answer to
> a question (no matter who it is from), answer it - is that
> not why we are here?
>
> John, N9RF

John,

I generally like to stay out of non-technical personal
discussions, but here is something to think about.

If a person has a valid technical point he is far more
effective at making his point if he does not include
personal innuendo or attack, or accuse someone else of
"lying".

It seems to me the moderator set down a pretty clear rule (I
was warned myself on one occasion) that personal comments
would not be tolerated.

If a person does not have the capacity to understand the
difference between a personal attack and a technical point,
odds are any information is prejudiced anyway.
It isn't that difficult to behave.

In the past the moderator (who is NOT me and never was me,
nor did I even know who the moderator was) made it very
clear that everyone is welcome if they behave like a
civilized human. With that in mind, the moderator didn't
throw anyone off. A couple people threw themselves off, just
like QST and CQ won't touch them because of their past
behavior. If they have something to contribute they simply
have to follow the rules everyone else follows. That's the
only thing required.

This discussion reminds me of an employee I let go for
throwing things on the floor and other bad behavior during
disagreements. She filed for unemployment and almost won
until she suddenly got mad at the referee and failed to
follow a simple request to tone it down. She lost the case
and I'm sure still blames the examiner and me for having
some sort of conspiracy against her.

That's just the way life is. You follow common social rules
or you wind up loosing.

73 Tom