Re: [Amps] (Amps) This reflector.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] (Amps) This reflector.
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:33:55 +0100 (CET)
I would argue that although the quantity of material has reduced, the accuaracy
of the technical information is vastly superior, being untainted  by pseudo
science or personal (arguably undefensible) opinion.
However, although it can be argued that some questions can be answered by
reading one or other books, there is, I feel, the problem that the books don't
always agree, and neither are they necessarily readily understandable - even
when they are right. To this end, the apparently naive questions asked here by
the ' novice' amplifier builder/user are generally not so naive to the
questionner, and not always quite as straightforward as they may appear. In
radio engineering, there are always a lot of 'maybes', much as we might wish it
otherwise. (In 40+ years of radio engineering for a living, I have learned a
little about the existence - or rather non-existance! - of undeniable verities!)

>From a personal viewpoint, I have an awfully sceptical viewpoint on parasitics
>and their effects!!
73
Peter G3RZP