Re: [Amps] OT: TVI (was: ceramic capacitor ratings)

To: g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk, vic@rakefet.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] OT: TVI (was: ceramic capacitor ratings)
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 04:16:02 EDT
Speaking of TVI experiences, I have to say that I feel I am very fortunate
to have personally known Phil Rand ( I forgot his call now it's been a long
time) You know him, he "wrote the book" on Interference.  One day back in  the
early 70's me and another ham buddy of mine called Phil on the telephone, he
lived in the next town over from me in Redding,Ct. and asked if we could come
and visit with him.  He was very happy to have us visit with him.  We  got the
grand tour of his station including seeing his full sized Rhombic  antennas.
We sat and he told us several of his most interesting stories  about TVI
investigations.  He also told us about how he had spec 'ed the  building of the
house so that TVI problems within the house would be at a total  minimum.  He
told us things like nowhere in the house did 2 pieces of BX  cable touch each
other.  He said all of the duct work was not just riveted,  but also all joints
were soldered.  He told us one story in particular  about a TVI investigation
he did, that either I or my friend would ever  forget.  If any one is
interested I could retell the story.  73  Lou