[Amps] Noisy Power Transformer

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Noisy Power Transformer
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:26:26 -0700
I've just acquired a vintage Titan 425. After fixing some problems,
I think I may have it running OK, except that the power transformer
is making a lot more noise on keydown than my two other Titan p/s.
Is this a symptom of a likely failure mode, or only a nuisance? How
loud is it?  Loud enough that it's unpleasant when I'm working CW
with headphones that have fairly good isolation, but bearable if I'm
working SSB (to the extent that SSB is bearable). :)

73,

Jim K9YC