Re: [Amps] 230v wiring question

To: "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <lists@w1nr.net>,"Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 230v wiring question
From: "Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:56:31 -0500
You will need 12/3 (which is 3 #12 wires & a separate ground) to run a 220V
circuit.
Black and Red for the Hot wires. White for the Neutral and the bare (or Green)
for the Ground.

The Breaker will determine the gauge. If you install a 20 Amp breaker, you may
run 12 Gauge. A 30 Amp Breaker necessitates 10 Gauge wire.  Regardless of which
gauge you run, you can then terminate in a 15 Amp or a 20 Amp outlet in the
shack.

Clint - W5CPT