[Amps] Swan Mark VI B 6 meter Amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Swan Mark VI B 6 meter Amp
From: "Wm. Glenn Pearson" <glenn.pearson@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 01:15:10 -0400
Hi,

Is anyone familiar with the Swan Mark VI B and or its power supply? I
obtained it from an estate sale a number of years ago. It needed new
3-500z's and I was able to get good use of it for several years. I became
inactive about 7 years ago and the amp and power supply was suitably stored.
This past weekend I got it out and gave it a thorough cleaning and attempted
to put it on the air. In the low power position, or in CW/Tune I was able to
get about 600 watts with about 90 in as measured on a Bird Wattmeter. When I
switched it up to SSB (higher plate voltage), the large mercury (?) relay
started chattering and then everything went dead. The 20 amp fuse in the
power supply blew. Replacing the fuse, I was able to power back up, and use
the amp in the low power position, with some minor relay chatter (random).

The amp's multi meter is also broke (stuck up scale). I have looked for some
time for replacement  parts/meters for the amp and have come up with
nothing. I have also found nothing is the Swan specific message lists, etc.
Does anyone know anything about this old boat anchor? Any help would be most
appreciated.

Glenn,
WA4GP