Re: [Amps] higher v.??

To: "'jeremy-ca'" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] higher v.??
From: "Robert Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:35:08 -0500
Very interesting Carl.

I would call the current stash of CFL third generation.

I started back in the middle 80's trying out 1 lamp in my house.

IT BURNED OUT QUICKLY.  I returned it and they gave me another, It burned
out.

Ten years later CFL's became what I call 2nd generation.  The bases were a
little smaller and the price came down some.  Tried another couple, they
burnt out.

Around 2004 I think, what I call generation three came about.  The bulbs are
now around the same physical size as the incandescents they replaced.  I
bought two for my radio room and replaced the two dingy 60 watt bulbs with
two 100WATT equivalent units that now fit the fixture.  Very Pleased, After
1 week  I got a wild hair up my tail and bought about 20 of them.  Filled
out the whole house.

These are all FEIT ELECTRIC brand name.

I even put one in the garage opener this time to see if it will dim during
winter.  The porch light will have to stay INCAN.

I have had 1 lamp fail since I upped the system.  One of the units in the
shack.

I have been very happy with them.  They are terrible for photography and
need to be swapped out for that.

I don't know if I am saving money, my guess is no because they are
expensive.  BUT...  they will give you a lot more light in a dark room
without the heat unlimiting a lot of fixtures.

You get used to turning on the switch and going one-thousand one and the
lights come on...

Plus they take several minutes to come to full brilliance.

BOB DD