Re: [Amps] higher v.??

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "W0UN -- John Brosnahan" <shr@swtexas.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] higher v.??
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:19:57 -0400
I'm sure that there are several versions made in several plants. Some good,
some bad. The ones I have take about 30 seconds to get full brilliance and
are somewhat close to the color of incadescents but I've no way to check
spectrum. I've seen others that are instant on and a brilliant white, almost
too intense.

I must be getting old, the count is actually 10. I forgot the ones I put in
the attics and the furnace/ well tank sub basement a few years ago. The
house is 80' long and built in 3 stages/levels from 1836 to 1989 when I
moved here.

I dont remember the brand on the display card but they were from China and
cost under a buck a lamp in packs of 4 bulbs.

An added bonus is that they lessen the load on the generator when the power
goes out should you happen to be set up that way.

Carl
KM1H